Published Date : June 14, 2017
Types of Medical Aesthetic Devices and their Uses
Medical aesthetic device are used to increase a person’s confidence in his looks. By the use of advanced equipment and a few chosen medical devices a person can decide to undergo laser treatment, skin tightening treatment or CO2 laser treatment. The devices used in such procedure are called medical aesthetic device. The aim of such devices is to use minimally invasive cosmetic treatments to modifyouterlooks.
Some time ago the surgeons used intrusive treatment methods of plastic surgery, such as nose jobs, face lifts, breast implants etc.But with the dawn of 21st century, various medical aesthetic clinics offer more and more non-intrusive medical treatments by using laser, phototherapeutic machines or Radio Frequency technology.
MARKET FOR MEDICAL AESTHETIC DEVICES
Due to higher availability of non-invasive aesthetic procedures the demand for medical aesthetic device is rising steadily. The global medical aesthetic device market was evaluated at USD 8.38 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow to USD 13.81 billion by 2021. The market driving factors responsible for this growth are rapidly increasing advancements in medical procedures, minimally intrusive techniques, rising awareness of aesthetic techniques at global level, and increasing obesity. It is due to these factors that the global market for aesthetic devices is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% for the next 5 years.
U.S. accounts for more than 50% share in the global market for aesthetic device, the market being fuelled by the increasing demand fortreatments involving removal of hair, tightening of skin, skin revitalization and silicone breast implants. The only obstacle to the market growth of these devices is the high cost of such treatments.
APPLICATIONS OF MEDICAL AESTHETIC DEVICES
• Removal of unwanted hair
• Shaping of body
• Removal of wrinkles
• Vascular and pigmented legions
• Treating scars and their permanent disguise
• Removal of tattoos
• Surgery of skin
• Tightening of skin
VARIOUS DEVICES USED IN AESTHETIC PROCEDURES
• CO2 laser: These are used in lager surgery and skin resurfacing and to treat a few skin diseases like papillarisgenitalis. It’s also used in various processes like oral and dental surgery etc.
• Laser diode: These are used for minor soft tissue procedures, mainly for cauterization and carbonization.
• Dye laser: Mainly used in dermatology and also to treat scars and kidney stones. These lasers are especially designed for tattoo removal.
• ARTAS system: Used in hair transplantation.
• Chemical peels: A phenol peel uses Croton oil for skin rejuvenation which helps in maintaining youthful appearance, gaining increasing popularity day by day.
The medical aesthetic device are gaining increasing popularity day by day due to the ease of getting an unwanted hair removal treatment, body sculpting, skin rejuvenation for retaining the youthful looks. However, the people should be careful while using undergoing these treatments because they may result in unnecessary complications due to messing with the way our body is made to look naturally.
Crystal Market Research published a report on “Medical Aesthetic Devices Market by Product, Application, and End User Global Industry Analysis and Forecast to 2025” released and accessible at http://www.crystalmarketresearch.com/report/medical-aesthetic-devices-market